Air mattresses are a great way to get some extra sleeping space without having to invest in a full-sized bed. But if you’re like most people, you probably don’t want your air mattress taking up all the floor space in your room.
That’s where this guide comes in! In it, you’ll learn how to raise your air mattress off the ground so you can make the most of your sleeping area. Plus, it can also help keep your air mattress in good condition for longer. So read on for tips and tricks on air mattress risers and how to do just that!
10 Tips and Tricks – How to Raise an Air Mattress off the Floor
There are a few different ways that you can raise an air mattress off the floor.
1. Use an air mattress frame
You can also buy an air mattress frame that will raise your air mattress off the floor. This is a more expensive option, but it will also make it easier to get in and out of bed. This will allow you to make the most of your air mattress by keeping it elevated and ensuring that it doesn’t move around too much.
You can find air mattress frames at most major retailers or online. Simply set up the frame according to the instructions and then place your air mattress on top.
It’s important to secure the frame so that it doesn’t come apart easily, especially if you have kids or pets who may be tempted to jump on it. There are a variety of ways to do this, so consult the instructions that come with your frame for details.
2. Place it on top of the furniture
This is probably the easiest way to raise an air mattress off the floor. If you have a dresser, couch, or even just a few chairs, you can place the air mattress on top of them to give it some extra height. This will also help keep it from sliding around.
For example, if you have a couch or coffee table that’s sturdy enough, you can place the air mattress on top of it. This will help to keep it off the ground and make it less likely for bugs or dirt to get inside.
You can also try using books or bricks to raise the air mattress up off the ground. Just be sure to place something soft underneath it so that it doesn’t get scratched or damaged in any way.
3. Use boxes or crates
Another cheap and easy way to raise your air mattress off the floor is to use boxes or crates. Just put them under the bed and stack them until they’re the right height. Then put your air mattress on top and voila! You’ve raised your air mattress off the floor.
There are a few different ways to raise an air mattress off the floor by using boxes and crates. One option is to create a makeshift platform by stacking boxes of equal height on top of each other and then placing the air mattress on top of the platform.
Another option is to place crates underneath the air mattress, which will elevate it slightly off the ground. You can also use a combination of both boxes and crates to achieve the desired height.
Whatever method you choose, just be sure that the boxes and crates are securely stacked so that they don’t collapse under the weight of the mattress.
4. Use pillows
If you don’t have anything else to use, you can also try raising your air mattress off the floor with pillows. Just put them under the bed and arrange them until they’re the right height.
By placing pillows under the mattress, you can create a bit of elevation that can make sleeping more comfortable. Plus, it’s a relatively easy fix that doesn’t require any special tools or materials. Just grab some pillows and get to work! Here’s how to do it:
- Start by placing two pillows side by side on the floor.
- Put the air mattress on top of the pillows.
- Use additional pillows to fill in any gaps around the edges of the mattress. This will help keep it in place and stop it from sliding around.
5. Wood frame
If you’re looking to add a bit of extra height to your air mattress, using a wood frame is a great way to do it! Here’s how you can raise your air mattress off the floor by using a wood frame:
- First, measure the length and width of your air mattress. You’ll need to cut four pieces of wood that are each the same length as the measurements of your mattress.
- Next, use a saw to cut the four pieces of wood into slats. You’ll need about 12-15 slats for each side of the mattress, depending on how thick you want the frame to be.
- Once the slats are cut, take two of them and line them up side by side. Nail them together at the ends to create a long, flat piece of wood. Repeat this step with the remaining two slats.
6. Inflatable bed
It is possible to raise an air mattress off the floor by using an inflatable bed, which will create a comfortable and raised surface for you to sleep on. You can find inflatable beds at most stores that sell camping or outdoor gear.
Some people might say that you don’t need an inflatable bed and that any old air mattress will do, but trust me when I say that an inflatable bed will make your camping experience much more pleasant.
If you’re handy, you can also make a plywood frame to put your air mattress on. This is a bit more work, but it will be cheaper than buying a metal or inflatable bed.
Fortunately, plywood can be a great material to use for this purpose. In fact, it can be used to create a sturdy frame that will keep your air mattress Elevated and protected from the Ground. Here’s how to do it:
- Measure the dimensions of your air mattress and cut four pieces of plywood to those dimensions. See that the pieces fit snugly together.
- Use two of the pieces of plywood to create a frame around the perimeter of the air mattress. Check that the frame is secure and won’t move around.
8. Use bed risers
I’m assuming you want to know how to raise an air mattress off the floor without spending a lot of money. Here are a few inexpensive ways to do it:
- Place cement blocks under the bed legs. This will add height and stability to the bed.
- Use furniture risers. These fit under the bed legs and can be found at most home stores.
- DIY it! Get creative and make your own risers out of wood or other materials you have around the house. Just make sure whatever you use is stable and won’t collapse under the weight of the mattress and sleeper.
One way is to roll up a rug or blanket and place it under the air mattress. This will raise the mattress off the floor and create some insulation as well. Another option is to use tennis balls or other small balls to create a makeshift platform for the mattress.
Place the balls in a pile on one side of the bed, and then place the air mattress on top of them. The balls will hold the mattress up off of the floor and keep it from sinking in too far.
Foam is relatively inexpensive and easy to work with, and it can be cut to fit any space. You can use foam blocks or sheets to create a sturdier base for your air mattress or even create a custom-fit cradle out of foam. Here are some tips on how to use foam to raise your air mattress off the floor:
- Cut pieces of foam block or sheeting to fit underneath your air mattress. Make sure the foam is thick enough to provide support and stability, especially if you’ll be using it on an uneven surface like carpeting. Place the foam pieces around the perimeter of the mattress.
If you’re using foam blocks, you can stack them to create a taller foundation for your air mattress. The blocks are stable and won’t topple over.
If you’re using foam sheets, you can tape them together to create a custom-fit foundation. The sheets are thick enough to provide support and stability.
Once you have your foam in place, put your air mattress on top and inflate it. Whatever method you choose, just make sure that your air mattress is raised high enough off the ground so that you can easily get in and out of bed.
Also, be sure to check that whatever you’re using to prop it up is sturdy enough to support the weight of the air mattress.
How to Raise an Air Mattress Off the Floor – FAQs
Whether you’re dealing with a leaky air mattress or just need to store it away for the winter, knowing how to raise an air mattress off the floor is a valuable skill. Now that you know all there is to know about this process, be sure to put it into practice the next time you find yourself in this situation. Thanks for following along!