Having a Pack and Play would make life easier for you as a parent. It is the most comfortable place for your baby to take a nap and play safely. But as we all know that babies sleep and play, it is obvious that Pack and Play would get dirty with time, and deep cleansing of Pack and Play is needed.
But don’t worry, most of these Pack and Play are very easy to clean, but you need to figure out that by just rubbing it would be clean, or you need to wash it in soapy water. The best way you can use to clean the Graco Pack and Play is with hot water and baby-safe laundry detergent.
If you don’t know how to clean the Pack and Play, don’t worry; we have compiled a complete guide for you, so keep reading.
Why is it Important to Clean your Pack n Play?
Cleaning the baby toys and other accessories that are in use by the baby is very important because it keeps many germs and diseases away from your baby and also keeps them healthy. This is why you should also focus on cleaning the Pack and Play.
The question that might arise is that when you need to clean the Pack and Play, some parents clean it twice a week while others prefer to clean daily so, it is your personal choice, but we would recommend you to do it daily because it would stop the build-up of germs in your kids playing area.
Cleaning is not only good for the kid’s health, but when you would clean the Pack and Play, it would look good and create a very fresh and active environment for your kid.
How to Clean a Pack and Play?
If you don’t know how to clean the Pack and Play, then don’t worry. We are here to help you out. Below, we will mention all the steps you need to do to clean your Pack and Play.
Find the Suitable Place
It should be placed in an area where it won’t get wet. If the weather is nice, you can put the Pack ‘n Play outside or in your garage. If you scrub it down, soap and water are likely to drip everywhere, so stand somewhere where you can let some drip. However, when washing the Pack and Play, make sure you take the mattress out and wash it separately.
Make a Solution
Now you need to add 1/2 a cup of 120 milliliters or so of detergent to a bucket of warm water. The detergent needs to be thoroughly mixed with the water. Dip a soft cloth or brush with the water while the detergent is mixed.
Scrub Pack and Play
Scrub the inside and outside of the pack n play with the solution. When you scrub one side, particularly on mesh, you may need to add support with your hand. Focus mostly on the dirty areas. We recommend that you scrub the mattress thoroughly.
The Pack ‘n Play can be rinsed inside and out with a jet stream setting on your garden hose. Spray both sides until the mattress is clean and hold it up for a minute. Using a small shaker, remove excess water from the bed.
Let it Dry
Now is the time to let the Pack and Play dry outside in some open air. Make sure the weather is nice. Place it outside again the next day if it hasn’t dried within a day. As well as disinfecting the Pack ‘n Play, the sun will also assist in preventing infections.
How to Clean Pack and Play Mat?
The mattress or cushion of the Pack and Play is the most important thing for your kid because it provides them with a cozy and comfortable place to take a nap and play. So, cleaning the mat is as important as learning the Pack and Play. Here, we will tell you how to easily clean the Pack and Play mattress.
Deep Cleaning of your Mattress
Depending on how dirty it is, or if it’s been slathered in peanut butter and jelly, you might want to clean your pack ‘n play thoroughly. Remember that the manufacturer does not include this cleaning method in their instructions. Therefore, you should weigh the advantages and disadvantages of this technique.
Ensure that you dry completely and check that all moving parts and locking mechanisms are working whenever you need to clean something. You might be thinking about what things would be used to clean the pack and play mat?
You would need three things: baby-friendly laundry detergent, vinegar, and baking soda. You need to make the solution of all these things according to the size of your mattress. We recommend making the solution in a tub.
Now when the tub is full of the solution, pack and play into it, and then you need to take the mattress out and clean it separately because it will require spot cleaning. So, you need to rub the solution on all the stains on the mattress.
Now that you have cleaned the mattress, now is the time to let it dry. Please make sure you put it outside where the sun can sanitize it thoroughly. Congratulations, you have cleaned the mat of the Pack and Play successfully.
How to Remove Bassinet Cover from Graco Pack and Play?
You are here because you want to remove the bassinet cover from the Graco Pack and Play so, we will tell you how you can do it step by step.
- The first thing you need to do is take all the toys out of the bassinet. Then you need to push down this cover bassinet from both sides simultaneously to fix it at the right place and then release it by slightly lifting.
- Now take a screwdriver and remove the screws from each pad corner.
- Take your product off gently by pulling each side away from its corresponding hardware piece, angling the middle hinge so that it won’t get damaged.
You can take steps to remove the bassinet cover from the Graco Pack and Play.
Check Your Owner’s Manual
Whenever you clean the Pack and Play, make sure you first go through the user guide. All brands provide some important dos and don’t about their Pack and Play, so; you need to find them because if you clean it without knowing, there are chances that you will damage your Pack and Play.
Suppose you use the Graco Pack and Play a very famous company and clean it according to their user manual. In that case, you can machine wash it with soap and lukewarm water but never use bleach on it because it will damage the playard of your baby.
There is also a carrying bag with the Pack and Play, making it easy to carry. You can clean it with the machine wash but avoid using bleach with it too.
If you are cleaning the Pack and Play and want to remove the fabric that is used in it, you should know that material can not be removed from the frame of Pack and Play; however, if you want to remove it from the accessories, then you can do that pretty easily
When cleaning the Pack and Play, you should read the manual guide thoroughly. Most of the Graco Pack and Play mattresses are not water-proof so, when you are cleaning them, don’t submerge the bed into the water because it would damage it.
How to Take Apart a Pack and Play?
Taking apart the Pack and Play mattress is very important, and you need to know it perfectly to prevent your Pack and play from the damage.
In this, you need to reverse all the steps you take when setting up the Pack and play. If you don’t know how to do that, we will guide you in each step until you fully disassemble your Pack and Play.
- The first step is to take the mattress out of the Pack and Play and lie it down on the ground.
- Then remove the tubes and net from your Pack and play by removing the clips from each side of your Pack and Play. After removing them, put them on the mattress that is lying down.
- Now is the time to pack the frame. Grab the red strap in the middle and push it up. Then you need to press the side button and push the side tubes down. Repeat this process with every side, and you have a tight package.
- Put that tight package on the lying mattress and fold the mattress and then pack it tight with the velcro strap on the mattress.
How to Clean a Playpen?
Nobody wants their kid to spend their time playing or napping in a dirty place so, to avoid this, you need to clean the Playpen once or twice a week, but some people don’t know how you can do that, here we are going to tell you the best and easy method to clean the Playpen.
- Put a cup of vinegar, 1/2 cup of baking soda, and the hottest water you can handle in the bathtub.
- Playpens typically have removable bottoms, so remove them and set them aside. Inside the bathtub, place the rest of the Playpen.
- It needs to soak for 30 to 45 minutes before being flipped and allowed to soak for another 30 to 45 minutes.
- Your water may look filthy, so don’t be surprised! It’s fine to run your Playpen through the water a few times or just to let it soak.
- Playpens can be cleaned by removing their bottoms and soaking them in the tub while their rest is cleaned.
- The bottom of the Playpen should be cleaned with a sponge or rag dipped in hot, soapy water.
- Put the Playpen outside to dry after it has soaked. If you removed the bottom, bring it along. You can hang these items up to dry after rinsing them off with the garden hose.
This is the process by which you can easily clean your Playpen.
How to Clean a Pack and Play – FAQs
As we said earlier, cleaning the Pack and Play is the most important thing for your kid’s health, and many studies back this statement that cleaning will take germs away from your kid. This is why we compiled this guide, so if you are one who knows nothing about Play and Packs cleaning, after reading this guide, you can clean the mattress very easily.
Make sure you share this article with your friends and family members so they can easily clean the Pack and Play and keep their kids away from germs and disease.